These little beauties are with out a doubt my new favourite! Light, sweet, nutty and refreshing, they are everything a bliss ball should be! Not to mention how beautiful they look! Make up a batch of these and easily impress your friends with fancy raw food making skills!
Know your nutrients
Dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free, gluten free and loaded with nutrient dense ingredients. Cashews: Cashews are an excellent source of copper which supports the development of bone and connective tissue, and the production of the skin and hair pigment called melanin. They are also a good source of phosphorus for strong bones and magnesium for a great night sleep. Blackcurrants: support your gut health with these little super berries!
- 2 Cups of Raw Cashews
- 8 Medjoll Dates
- 1 cup frozen Blackcurrants
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of shredded coconut + 1/2c for rolling bites in
- Place your cashews nuts in a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbly - avoid turing your cashews to butter!
- Add vanilla, dates and sea salt and pulse again to a sticky dough.
- Add blackcurrants and pulse until just combined. Your berries do not need to be all blitzed up, some whole will add a nice texture to your bites.
- Add to a large bowl and with your hands mix in the shredded coconut.
- Roll into balls then cover with shredded coconut.
- Eat straight away or store in the freezer! Makes 30 balls.