Everyone, hold the phone! This is amazing. Even the children are devouring it, yes, even the guests children. Admittedly it is covered with lashings of butter and peanut butter, but the good stuff...so it's all good!
Know your nutrients
The good ole banana is jam packed with potassium, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, folate, vitamin A and iron just to name a few. Bananas can assist with blood pressure, asthma, cancer (vitamin C which combat the free radicals known to cause cancer, plus the fibre in bananas are associate with a lowered risk of colorectal cancer)
Bananas are great for heart health as the fiber, potassium, vitamin C and B6 content in bananas all support heart health. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease. High potassium intakes are also associated with a reduced risk of stroke, protection against loss of muscle mass, preservation of bone mineral density and reduction in the formation of kidney stones.
Bananas can help with treating diarrhoea, preserving memory and boosting moods.
So...Banana loaf anyone? Yes Please!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 TSP organic vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup (I often use rice bran syrup, or honey instead)
- 2 cups your favourite gluten free flour (I use 1 cup brown rice flour, 1 cup edmonds GF flour)
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 TSP cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
1. Turn oven to 180 degrees celsius and oil a loaf pan, or place baking paper inside it.
2. Mash the bananas (should be 1-1/3 cup when mashed) and whisk in the eggs, vanilla and maple syrup.
3. In another bowl stir the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and combine.
5. Pour into your lined tray
6. Bake for 30-40 mins, just keep an eye on it and when the top is golden brown it is time to take it out. The times will vary depending on oven and flour types so please just use this as a guide.
Serve with real butter, or organic peanut butter for best nutritious intake. YUM!