If you have guests coming over for dinner, but you have a busy day ahead, this little number is a winner. Simply pull out your slow cooker, throw in the ingredients and you are away!
My guests devoured this one...even the local 'clean-eating, healthy-living, knowledgeable, gym machine husband' who came over with this equally as talented wife!
...Yes! it's a true winner.
Know your nutrients
Considered one of the most treasured foods of all time, coconut products — including coconut flesh, coconut water, coconut oil, and coconut cream — each deliver superb health benefits.They are know to:
• Improve digestion
• Ward off wrinkles
• Stabilize glucose levels
• Fight off viruses
• Build cells
• Regulate hormones
• Increase thyroid production
• Lose weight
• Increase metabolism
• Fight infections
• Stave off memory loss
• Kill bacteria
• and lower cholesterol!
When chicken comes in a lean breast or piece of meat it is low in fat and calories, yet high in protein, making it ideal for weight maintenance, not to mention that it is full of essential nutrients and vitamins.
- 6 Chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 cans coconut cream (Ayam brand preferred as no nasties)
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons crushed clove powder
- 250ml pre-prepared chicken broth (or chicken stock from supermarket if rushing)
- 5 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup coconut thread/desiccated coconut
- Put all ingredients, EXCEPT desiccated coconut, into your slow cooker. Placing the chicken in last, add enough water to cover the chicken.
- Put the lid on and walk away for 5 hours.
- Just before serving, give it a wee stir then cover a pan with coconut thread and toast gently, then take the chicken and mushrooms out from the slow cooker (I used tongs) and 'toast' in in the pan with the coconut gently (for about 3 minutes) then turn the chicken (which at this point may all just fall off the bone which is fine) pour some of the 'broth' from the slow cooker over the chicken in the pan and serve with a green salad and kumara chips.
EVERYTHING was devoured!