Dairy, gluten and sugar free, yet warm, creamy, delicious and filling. This mushroom soup will beat your local cafe we are sure. Soon you won't have to leave the coziness of your own house for lunch dates, you will just have everyone dropping by your place for a cup-a-soup!
Know your nutrients
Mushrooms are a secret superfood. Did you know that the humble (kinda ugly looking) wee shoot is full of goodness. On so many levels! Whether you want to slow cancer growth, or simply prevent a cold or the flu… there’s no more powerful weapon in nature’s arsenal than the mushroom. Mushrooms are know to enhance weight loss, increase vitamin D levels in people and improve the immune system. They have potent anti-inflammatory characteristics that may help people suffering from asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, renal failure and stroke damage.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 cups mushrooms (your preferred variety) roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- chilli (your desired amount)
- 1 TSP fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 TSP himalayan salt (sea salt)
- ¼ TSP freshly ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup organic chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk , canned and full fat (mix well after opening)
1. Add oil to a soup pot over medium heat, then add onions, mushrooms, chopped celery and a pinch of salt.
2. Saute for 10-12 minutes or until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
3. Add garlic and cook for minute, then add the spices. After another minute or so, add wine to deglaze the pot.
4. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add chicken broth and coconut milk.
5. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes or until it thickens to your liking.
6. Blend the creamy mixture in a blender or with a hand-held blender.