By now you will all know that we love our raw baking. We like to call it un-baking. This sweet treat is so simple and so delicious, no one will know you have jammed it full of avocado!
Know your nutrients
This insanely healthy chocolate mousse recipe is full of all kinds of goodness. Avocado is chock full of monounsaturated fat, avocados deliver a double-barrelled blast to LDL cholesterol (the bad kind). They are rich in folate and help the flow of blood through the blood vessels. Amazing for your skin in every sense. Enjoy 1/4 cup of avocado twice a week. Chili contains many anti-bacterial, anti-cacinogenic and anti-diabetic health promoting properties. It is also a rich source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A and protect the body in times of stress. Full of potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium. With cacao fulfilling the ultimate in anti-oxidant properties, this mousse is a sure fire winner.
- 1 ripe avocado - at room temperature
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Process avocado, medjool dates, honey and coconut milk in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add cacao powder, chili powder, salt and vanilla and resume processing until well incorporated. You might have to scrape the sides once or twice to get all the powder to mix in nicely.
- Transfer this mixture to the bowl of your stand mixer and whisk on high for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. You could also do this with a hand mixer if you don't have a stand mixer.
- Divide the chocolate mousse between 4 to 6 individual dessert bowls, dust lightly with cacao powder or chile powder and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, or up to 2 days.
- You could also make a pie using this as your filling, and create a base with Almonds and dates (top image).
- Note that this mousse can also be served immediately, but its texture greatly benefits from it sitting in the fridge for at least a few hours.