This flavour and nutrient packed loaf is pure real food - no wheat, no gluten, no sugar, no crap. It freezes well, lasts in the fridge and is simply delicious toasted with lashings of pure butter - we love Whitestone Cheese's Butter by Al Brown - creamy, clean, simply yum!
Know your nutrients
The base for this loaf could not get more nutrient dense! Eggs, kumara, zucchini and almond meal.... talk about packing a punch. Did you know that eggs are a complete protein food? With only 77 calories in an egg, they are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. Each egg packs in 6 grams of protein and all 9 essential amino acids. They are rich in iron, selenium, phosphorus and vitamins A, B12, B2 and B5 - just to name a few! And did you know eggs are a brain food? One egg contains 113mg of Choline, a very important nutrient for our brain, that is responsible for helping our neurotransmitters do their job!
- 2 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 cup grated kumara
- 1 large zucchini (grated, then squeezed)
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 6 organic free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves or Thyme
- Mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame)
- Preheat your oven to 165 degrees C.
- Using a large bowl or a food processor, combine all ingredients and mix until very well combined.
- Pour into a greased and lined loaf tin.
- Top with your mixed seeds.
- Bake for 60-70 mins - to check that it is cooked through use a skewer.
- Leave to cool before slicing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.