Tumeric is a potent anti-inflammatory and it combines with mango beautifully. This smoothie becomes a punchy, warm hit to brighten up anyones day! This is a great smoothie to have post workout as you may add either The Clean Lean Protein powder to it, or Lifefoods protein powder.
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and cubed (or use 400g frozen mangoes)
- 5cm piece of fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 2/3 cups of fresh carrot juice
- 1 TSPN ground tumeric
- The juice of 1/2 lime freshly squeezed
- 1 scoop of The Good Green Stuff
- Protein powder (If you wish add a whey or pea based protein powder here. We recommend the protein powder only if you have had a big workout that day, or are planning one within the next hour. Also if you are really hungry! We recommend Lifefoods whey protein powder, or Nu Zest clean lean protein powder (pea protein) Both are available at all leading Health food stores.)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Divide smoothie between 2 glasses. Serve immediately.